Thank you for your interest in becoming a Provisional Member of the San Rafael Mission Belles Chapter of the National Charity League, Inc. (NCL, Inc.). We are an involved and dedicated group of mothers and daughters. Please carefully consider the membership requirements. You will need two sponsors from our chapter. Your Sponsor will be glad to answer any questions you may have about NCL, Inc. and our Chapter, and will be there to help guide you throughout your entire Provisional year.
CHARACTERISTICS OF A GOOD NCL, INC. MEMBER
- Willing to commit the time needed to fulfill the specific attendance, philanthropic, and committee obligations of her NCL, Inc. Chapter.
- A “team player” and will accept the decision of the majority.
- Willing to accept either a minor role or a major role, depending on the needs of the Chapter.
- Understands the importance of all three areas of NCL, Inc.: community service, leadership development and cultural experiences– and will make all activities that involve her and her daughter a priority.
- Understands the importance of a positive attitude and constructive problem solving in all NCL, Inc. matters.
- Focused on the philosophical ideals of NCL, Inc., rather than any associated status or prestige.
- Understands and is willing to accept the financial obligations associated with NCL, Inc. membership.
- Will make an extra effort to become acquainted with all Chapter members.
If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to submit the following form.
Please click here to fill out and submit your Membership Inquiry form, or for any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I. Community Service
Patronesses and Ticktockers post philanthropy hours to the Chapter website before March 31st of each year. (Summer is a great time to fulfill hours!) Hour for hour credit is only given for service in NCL, Inc. approved philanthropic projects.
Required philanthropy hours for Patronesses and Ticktockers:
7th, 8th and 12th grades: 10 hours
9th, 10th and 11th grades: 15 hours
II. Meeting & Event Attendance
Of the nine regular membership meetings offered in the calendar year, each Patroness must attend a minimum of five. (Regular meetings are held each month starting in May; no meetings are held in July or August.) Ticktockers are expected to attend all monthly grade level meetings. Both Ticktockers and Patronesses are required to attend the Senior Celebration and the Chapter Tea (May). Grade Level Advisors must be notified in advance if a Ticktocker needs to miss a meeting.
III. Patroness Involvement
All Patronesses have a job each year and it is required that each Patroness holds at least two significant positions over her six years (i.e. Board, Grade Level Advisor or Event Chair). Ticktockers also hold jobs each year, ranging from President to Photographer.
We operate on a June 1 to May 31st fiscal year.
Annual Total Dues and Activities Fees:
Provisional Patroness entrance fee (1st year only)-$50
Provisional Ticktocker entrance fee (1st year only)-$50
Patroness annual dues – $150
Ticktocker annual dues (per ticktocker – $150
Note: Legacy daughters must pay an Entrance Fee of $50 (first year only) in addition to above annual due & fees. These dues are all inclusive. We do not ask for additional payments for events.